Antworten
Qwestyngbeast
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett
phpbb forum styles

Android save file location

Beitrag von Qwestyngbeast »

Greetings gentlefolk,

I want to back up my saved games before I reinstall BoTE on my Android device. I have looked through the folders on my device, but I have not found the files related to the game. Where may I find these files on my Android device?
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Re: Android save file location

Beitrag von blotunga »

They are normally hidden, but you can export them either to google drive or to your device's files under the BirthOfTheEmpires folder.
Qwestyngbeast
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

Thanks! I will look for the export button. I have probably looked at it hundreds of times and never took notice of it.
Qwestyngbeast
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

I did find the "export" button, on the page where you load saved games. Thank you for setting me on the trail.

I want to report that the export function may not have worked as intended. It asked if I wanted to create a BOTE folder. I said yes. The folder was successfully created, but it was empty. There were no files exported to the folder.

After looking around a bit I found the save game files had been created in the root directory rather than sub folder intended for them. This was in the internal storage of the device rather than the micro SD card where my preference settings should prompt apps to place files.
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

After creating the folder you also have to select it (in the same dialog window). Otherwise it might be that the files were exported to the root folder.
Antworten

Zurück zu „technical questions“