Military vs Civilian Upkeep

Wer Fragen zu Ingame-Angelegenheiten hat, der stellt sie bitte hier (viele Antworten befinden sich auch im Wiki: http://www.wiki.birth-of-the-empires.de)
Antworten
Qwestyngbeast
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett
phpbb forum styles

Military vs Civilian Upkeep

Beitrag von Qwestyngbeast »

I am curious to know specifically which units are considered civilian. My question relates to the special research which can eliminate upkeep for non-military units. I would assume that colony ships and transport ships would be considered non-military. Are there any other units whose upkeep would be negated by this special research? In particular, I wonder about the space station units such as the outpost and database.

Please forgive my English. My education did not include German. :-)
Anonymissimus
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Re: Military vs Civilian Upkeep

Beitrag von Anonymissimus »

In addition to colony ships and transporters, only the probes given to Terraneans at the start. I don't know what you mean by database, but no space stations of any kind are considered civilian.
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Anonymissimus hat geschrieben:In addition to colony ships and transporters, only the probes given to Terraneans at the start. I don't know what you mean by database, but no space stations of any kind are considered civilian.
The Database is a new feature added by me into the Java version :). And yes this is correct. Btw. there is an ancient bug that I've recently discovered, that special research isn't correctly applied to existing ships. It's fixed now on my side.
Anonymissimus
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Anonymissimus »

That's not a bug. The zero upkeep is only applied to newly built ships, so you have to take care to consume the existing ships first.
Perhaps it was a bug originally, but nobody else other than me had ever complained about it, so it became a feature.
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Anonymissimus hat geschrieben:That's not a bug. The zero upkeep is only applied to newly built ships, so you have to take care to consume the existing ships first.
Perhaps it was a bug originally, but nobody else other than me had ever complained about it, so it became a feature.
It's not just about upkeep, no other special research is applied to already existing ships. I don't think that's ok. So I've changed it :)

Btw, troop upkeep is never subtracted, but I won't fix this even on my side because it might imbalance things.
Qwestyngbeast
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

Beitrag von Qwestyngbeast »

Thanks for the answers guys. "Database" was intended to be "starbase". I guess it was changed by autocorrect and I failed to notice.

By the way, I agree that the special research result which eliminates upkeep should be applied to existing ships as well as newly built ships.
Antworten

Zurück zu „ingame Fragen / ingame Questions“