Advanced saved game post turn 700 as the Omega in sandbox mode

UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral
phpbb forum styles

Re: Advanced saved game post turn 700 as the Omega in sandbox mode

Beitrag von UesugiKenshin »

I'm ahead of schedule even though I added a lot of Da'unor Troopers and fixed some resource routing, and split up the colony fleets, etc. I guess I'll try to track down the now 5 or so unnecessary resource routes to sectors as you may need them. Those sectors now can support some of their own mining.

What happened was eliminating research (as it's pointless) and scrapping the last few sectors with intel buildings (as it's pointless in sandbox mode), then accelerated mining output.

Every time you make a new colony, scrap the research and intel buildings that automatically populate in that sector. Notice how I have the manager settings. You may want to lower titanium and deuterium to prioritize durantium, crystals, and iridium. I adjusted some sectors by adding a few crystal and iridium mines to try to anticipate more demand in case you make ships and since level 6 heavy robot infantry require crystals.

Crystal mines consistently underperform. Deuterium mines have higher output than you would expect. Iridium seems to underperform, but it's a function of heavy demand and that it's 5th on the list so underprioritized by the AI manager. Buddy, every starship has had double iridum hulls for a 100 turns so iridium is genuinely in demand.

Depending on the turn, titanium can run short in early turns, and that is why some crazy numbers are sometimes seen as titanium was terribly short, and that sector was sending out as much as it could...and was struggling.

I specifically built up your deritium reserves so you can experiment by looking in your empire military screen, and see which starships you think you may want, like the 2 new customized Sevar ships.

The Sevar are not ready as the AI has a hard time understanding that it's better to stick with 4 of everything, then upgrade, then add a few as needed buuldings. Instead the AI thinks the lower level buildings are cheaper, so it makes too many. That is a waste as they end up getting scrapped. Meanwhile it fails to build basic things sometimes like adequate factories or plasma reactor energy sources. It does no good to build energy-requiring buildings, if they never get any power, and so are not doing anything...until they join as members of a major race, and get fixed.
Minor Race Database http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki/ind ... r_(Minors)
Minor Race Ships http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki/ind ... nen_Völker
Chrome and Opera autotranslates German.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

Every turn you probably are going see 5 new colonies. You very first action after the manager prioritization, and scrapping research and intel buildings, is to rush Level 2 farming, then next turn Level 3. 90% of the time this prevents an inadequate building of surplus capacity. 4 farms work 90% of the time. Adjust with special food buildings and if necessary to growth and storage add 1 more farm.

If you neglect this, you will be haunted by a fine performing new colony that suddenly is at 300 storage and could have a famine. Stay on top of it at the onset, and it smooths out.

Your goal financially is to have buildings complete in under ten turns (ideally under 5) as every time a building is made, it requires raw materials which are resources. That is how the economy drives up resource values. If you have the order where a type 2 crystal mine is made and it take 15-23 turns, then this stagnates resource prices for things like titanium. That is your gravy money.

Now that you have 4.25 million, save your game and experiment by rushing production, then opening the main trade screen, and watch the values jump on resources in a single turn after many have been rushed.

That is the big secret of the game. That is how to most quickly have higher treasury growth. That is how to afford ships and troops. Otherwise, it's a struggle. All major races can take advantage of that principle.

You are creating your own demand and it inflates commodity prices. In a regular game, every major race and possibly the minor races, then also affect demand by their construction. Thus you carefully have a setpoint trigger where you think, "Hmmm. I think the target price for titanium shoud be 600. Let's sell down to 200." That leaves the AI stuck as selling then gets them very little profit. You try to beat them to the sale. Otherwise if you miss the opportunity, then you have to wait to sell.

It's like the old tickertape stockbrokers watching stock prices and jumping in to dump theirs when they don't think it will go higher, but others will sell too. You beat them to the punch. You develop a gut instinct about resource values.

90% of BotE in the first 600 turns is an economic simulation coupled with a logistical simulation focused kind of like freighter operations.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

Turn #700
1. I would watch Menkent as they are okay as they had two bad agricultural periods and so their storage got low. It seems to be recovering. You pull the empire systems report each turn and sort by food storage to always see which system might be facing famine.
2. Dougtaek joined as members and were in terrible shape and had low very levels of infrastructure and no terraforming. Everything is being terraformed and then they can have all but iridium mining. Look over the sector overviews and see if any resoures are not being mined. Sometimes you have to send a colony ship, colonize if possible, so the system updates
3. Several late members have poor energy situations that are being addressed. You should look and ensure that buildings have power applied. 95% do.
4. Upkeep is approaching 100,000 a turn, but the economy is balanced and there are reserves of 4.3 million on balance. You're in the black. This is fairly representative of a war time footing. Upkeep will begin falling as some perish in conflicts. Atrition is inevitable. The troopers have low experience. They give a big morale boost. I would let them gain more experience. They are not strong units. You add say 1 to every 5 level 6 units.
5. Now is a good time to start sending your best trained transports to collect the most experienced troops to prepare for ground invasions.
6. Then you should decide what your fleet compositions should be. Look at Omega Alpha and see what is available to go say hello to the Yimidar. (Cloaking...remember.)
7. Go over the galaxy map and see what issues need to be addressed and in what order. The Brane and three others in the northwest come to mind as they interfere with navigation.
8. All news events, standard construction, starships are being sent to Omega Alpha, and colony ships have had terraforming and colonization orders.
9. If you get into a financial pinch, there are many starbases to scrap. There is no need to do that now. There is a tiny bit of unexplored territory that has yet to open up and ships have been sent in that general direction. Obviously scrap starbases in the west, but not the east until all unexplored territory has identified minr race fleet locations.
10. I'm doing a final check on now unnecessary resource routing. I addressed six sectors that needed crystals. You should expect more, so go into the empires systems screen and sort by crystal production, and see which ones have available slots.

Some time in the morning I will post the turn #700 save game. The worst job is looking for a needle in haystack and that's what unneccessary resource routing basically is. I figure that will take 2 hours to find 5, but then I discover more while looking. This way I save you the hassle.

11. You should practice rushing constructions, watching the resource prices rise, then pick ones to sell, do a sort on which sectors have the most, never sell below 50,000 as you don't know if that sector is a resource route supplier. I think you'll be happy. You should be able to get that 4.3 million up to 5 million easily. Rinse repeat.

Some rushed construction is so expensive that it's a real waste of money. Do the cheap upgrades first so you maximize profits. It it cost 10,000 and is ready in 4 turns, it's dumb to rush it, right?
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

I set up both Sevar starships with custom upgrades. Why not play with it? Go to research screen, click on ship designer and look for them. Then go into the research database under objects and ships and see what they used to have. Quite an upgrade!
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

I found 28 excess resource routes so it will be a little while. There likely are more. Here is a list of ones that I'll leave to you as they are currently needed but in 10-15 turns, they need to be canceled. These are not from but to. So in the first example, Marawi is being supplied iridum, but Marawi is making enough iridium locally so the route in15 turns can be canceled.
Routes to sector/Resource soon not needed
Marawai.........Iridium
Capella...........Titanium
Nanking..........Titanium
Celeano...........Iridium
Hungoma........Iridium
Vindematrix....Duranium
Axton...............Iridum

viewtopic.php?f=107&t=7056
You have multiple ways to cope when you see "ghosted" construction as that means a resource is needed (and deritium can be one needed too and uses deritium trading to be routing or minor alien race specific projects.
1. Use the main trade screen and buy resources for that sector (this is what you can do based on having excess credits when you cannot supply it yourself. It's also a way to manipulate resource prices by selling your resources at high prices, then buying a resource that now has a "deflated" price.
2. Use a transport starship. Wildly enough, you can deposit resources in a sector you haven't colonized, just like pirates buried their treasure on islands, when they expected they might be interdicted. There are severall discussions on the forum about this. Essentially a transort that ordinarily hauls troops, now hauls ore/crystals like a freighter. [You can even create a resoute route to one sector, then haul ore/crystals via a transport, and shuttle it to nearby sectors.]
3. When you need say duranium or whatever, do a sort on duranium to see which sector can most easily supply it. [Make sure you don't pull all of it from that sector to four others unless it's a large cache or you just created new problems.] Then in the trade screen, you will create "resource" route (not a trade route). An orange route will show up when you click on a blank sector on the galaxy map. Slowly click until you can click on the sector that needs it. It takes a little practice.

This a constant BotE issue as a requirement for infrastructure building, for creating troops, and for creating starships. With modding, you can have special buildings so every extraterrestrial can add trade or resource routes. Not only does this then alleviate the dearth of enough resource routes, but then trade could actually exist. Trade can't logcally exist now as there are never enough empty slots available.

In a perfect world when sectors become largely self-sufficient, but require a resource, they should pull from a nearby sector, but these often were colonized at similar times and so it may be 50-100 turns later that you can do this.

Example
Sector A has everything but iridium.
Sector B has everything but deuterium.
Sector A sends a deuterium resource route to B.
Sector B send a iridium route to A.

Instead these really haphazard resource routes go everywhere and become extremely hard to create and cancel.
Zuletzt geändert von UesugiKenshin am Donnerstag 25. Juni 2020, 15:24, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

At advanced levels, it makes sense that when you learn several Level 15 techs, that deritium mining can happen within a sector even though it cannot actually be found there. Maybe I'll label is deritium asteroid mining? I plan to mod that so then you would build on in a sector that already has titanium, deuterium, duranium, crystals, and iridium. But now with deritium asteroid mining, then that sector could finally make starships.

Or you could make it limited so if a P class planet has been terraformed, say that some new Level 15 process allows extraction from icy planets. BotE is so well programmed that one can create some new mechanism and can make it specific or general. Some interesting elements could be modded if even more attributes were available like diplomatic relations between races based on buildings constructed on homeworld sectors.

If lots of sectors can have deritium, it totally changes the shortage, and so many more starships could be constructed. So honestly, maybe that should have existing level 14 tech, so the game gets exciting earlier?
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

I plan to increase income through such buildings so it doesn't take so long to get the economy more profitable. I'm hoping some guests register and we could have a conversation about what you would like to see, and if it's balanced, then make it happen.

We can fix everything like sabotage this way. If we just fixed that, by altering the effects and requirements, then in 3 days we could start 6 empire games on 40x40 maps. Why not, it's not that complicated?
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

In turn #701, a large credit deposit will show up, so don't worry about Change versus Upkeep.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

bote0005.png
bote0005.png (33.35 KiB) 6752 mal betrachtet
Here is turn #700. I went through and eliminated unnecessary resource routes so you won't have to for 10-15 turns. It took a long time to double check everything.

To load it, you need the beta version found at the Google Playstore. You sign up for it at blotunga's Birth of the Empires file offering. The standard BotE probably won't work with the save game. It's good for more people to test the beta version. If so, save your own games by exporting them to a folder.

Then I went through the manager and made sure everything has been adjusted to maximize industry and mining. Then looked at every building that requires energy and added "exceptions". What that does is notifies the manager to allow power 100% of the time. Then went through every sector's energy pages and made sure there was adequate power if it exists.

Note the following.
Drogolith requires power for a special project.

Penthara has an excess of 1253 units of power. Some have even more. I was testing the system. As a commander you have to build in surplus capacity in case of war and bombardment takes out plasma reactors. Then you initially do not know how much energy you will require to power defenses as this varies by upgrade level. Then planet wide power projects adds a lot.

Look at Granafstern. That sector is barely squeaking by with 3 excess units. Not goodl but the number on the screen is misleading. There maybe more. Sometimes BotE says there is not enough,but you try to add energy to power it up, and it works.

Look at Hungoma which bady needs energy.

Bosnic has a very great special project that adds deritium, but needs power to make it work. Address it.

Look at Alwaid and Dougtaek which require more power.

Finally look at Viebar which joined as members. That is the kind of situation in which you wonder how they survived 700 turns as they had almost no infrastructure and so now you so much to remedy.
bote0005.png
bote0005.png
This is turn 700 including the removal of all excess general research and intelligence buildings as they are unneeded as research is maximized. I left the special research buildings so you can see what they do.
Dateianhänge
bote0005.sav
(355.28 KiB) 261-mal heruntergeladen
Zuletzt geändert von UesugiKenshin am Donnerstag 25. Juni 2020, 19:47, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

This is an earlier turn, I think #696 where the research and intelligence buildings still exist. This would be useful for modders to measure how much further the Omega would continue to advance into Level 16 technology.

Eventually I hope to mod higher levels of tech to as high as Level 20. The issue is gas giants seem hardcoded to never be terraformed/colonized and so would require a slight program change. Then the existing German wiki documentation on "speed" seems to allude to a maximum rate of 4 (but special research can make it exceed by 20%). I would like at least a speed of 6 but 10 would make for very interesting navigation and battles, as coupled with manueverability, then some earlier starships couldn't even catch them! Then you could set your earships to "avoid" and just toy with them.
bote0004.png
bote0004.png (32.93 KiB) 6750 mal betrachtet
Dateianhänge
bote0004.sav
(345.93 KiB) 266-mal heruntergeladen
Zuletzt geändert von UesugiKenshin am Donnerstag 25. Juni 2020, 19:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

All those black squares within the Omega sphere of influence are likely minor race fleets. Many are located outside their territory and are grey squares. Some grey squares are just minor alien races, but without fleets.

After loading the beta, then load the save game. Make any finishing moves and then end the turn. In the next message BotE thinks you won! So you need to click "continue".

I may do a screen shot of the main trade screen so you see the prices for all 5 resources. Then rush production will inflate the prices. Rushing costs money, right? Then I will sell ore/crystals back down, and you can how much profit is generated. That is how to win the game.
Zuletzt geändert von UesugiKenshin am Donnerstag 25. Juni 2020, 20:08, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

Since April, I have posted many screenshots documenting elements of BotE. There is a maximum of 120 attachments. Some information is now out of date as I learned aspects piecemeal. I plan on futute clear simple succint documentation, likely at the English version wiki. I may be able to use an image sharing site instead and reserve all further attachements for modding or advanced saved game purposes.

So I had to delete the old screencaps. I can post clearer ones now starting with the 2nd beta test advanced save game on elements like intelligence agency operations. Or combat. Or terraforming or manager functions. Or resource price manipulation.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

Commodity manipulation to inflate resource prices by rushing production
Then sell surplus ore/crystals to drive the prices back down.
Which results in jumping way ahead on infrastructure, even whole starships.
And look at the gain!

Starting treasury 4.3 million
Rushed productions costing 1.5 million
Remaining treasury 2.8 million

New treasury then in turn #701 reports a value of 7.7 million.

Now without this sell off, then my new treasury would have climbed from 4.3 to 4.7 million.
Instead it's 7.7 million. This is how you win.
Screenshot_2020-06-25-14-50-51.png
Screenshot_2020-06-25-14-48-01.png
Screenshot_2020-06-25-14-41-40.png
Screenshot_2020-06-25-14-15-28.png
Anyone can do this. This nets a profit of 3 million so each turn I can accelerate production to the maximum and outgrow the other empires, and make even more money.

Meanwhile, the price inflated and deflated in a single turn, so the other empires can't do the same thing, unless they also manipulate the commodity market.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

The first times I did this, I was judicious and looked for bargains where for very little money, I could finish some projects, especially low level upgrades. But then I rushed even level 7 plasma reactors which are horridly expensive. And I felt bad as in some cases, I only needed to wait 3 turns and get this upgrade for free.

Nope. You want to rush production if you have established a highly efficient mining operation that uses 4-5 mines per resources per the formula I gave you prior.

The phenomena feeds itself in a feedback loop. Even if the other empires do profit taking as above, I can manipulate my own prices.

And sometimes the other empires drive up the prices, so I don't have to rush much to do precisely the same thing...at no or little cost.
UesugiKenshin
Admiral
Admiral

Six people on a mod team, if we have mutiplayer, could then manipulate commodity prices, and so have a huge amount of credits to build whatever they want, and so far faster build very strong empires to be economically sound and can wage war earlier. They would just build and not attack and so create established empires with plausible borders.

I think lots of people would enjoy this.
Antworten

Zurück zu „BotE Android - Questions and Answers“